Sunday 6 November 2011

TOP ALBUMS: Nada Surf's If I had a hifi.

An excellent cover album with some excellent choices, never lives down. They've done a great job of taking original songs and making it their own. Most of the song choices are pretty obscure but as I said before most of them are really well excecuted. I would say the best track on the album is this glorious cover of the famous Go-Betweens song:


It starts off very mellow at the beggining then right in the middle it kicks in with and they have managed to turn it into a fantastic rock anthem, the trumpets at the end of the song are subtle but provide at great epicness to finish off the song. Other highlights include this Kate Bush cover:


This song has a great atmosphere to it which I really love. I highly reccomend you go out and get this album because you will be very surprised with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment